Is there a side effect of preventive vaccination of cervical cancer, does it affect fertility?

Need to know if there are any side effects of the preventive vaccination of cervical cancer. Are there any ill effects in the long run that might impact my health and/or fertility after getting vaccinated? Should I get this vaccination done? I am 35 years of age and have not been involved in any sexual activity ever. Please guide and respond at the earliest as I have enrolled myself in the vaccination programme to be vaccinated on 27th. Also, the vaccine is from GlaxoSmithkline Beecham.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 5 hours later
You can take the cervarix vaccine of course.It doesnt have any effect on health or fertility in the long term. It is better to take the vaccine if one hasnt ever engaged in sexual intercourse but works better in in the younger age group 18-25 yrs. However,there isnt any harm in taking the vaccine even at 35yrs.