Is there a safe way to remove age spots on the penis?

I have what appear to be unsightly age spots all over my penis. Is there a safe way to remove them myself and restore a more healthy looking penis? Thank you.
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 minutes later

The age related spots on the penis are most likely due to abnormal pigmentation and insufficient exfoliation of the area with the advancing age.

There are some remedies that you can try to lighten these spots like-

1. Take about 20 volume of hydrogen peroxide to which add about two tablespoonful of some milk powder and then mix it with a few drops of glycerine. Apply this mix on the pigmented areas and let it remain for 20 minutes. Then rinse the skin with water and subsequently apply moisturizer.

2. Take same amount of vinegar and use for cleansing the skin. Rinse the skin and let it dry naturally by air. The acetic acid in the vinegar will help in getting rid of the dark color and also allows the skin to remain radiant as well as smooth. XXXXXXX cider vinegar as well as natural vinegars are beneficial for treating this health condition.

3. Mix a Vitamin E capsule with some drops of castor oil and spread the content over the affected parts.

4.Onion juice is also very good. Mix equal amount of vinegar and apply the content on the affected area.

All of these are natural remedies, these do not guarantee any help but are safe and effective upto some extent.

If the spots are not affected with these then you can opt for dermabrasion at your dermatologist's office.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: Is there a safe way to remove age spots on the penis? 2 hours later
Thank you very much, Dr. Tayal for your answer, I appreciate it.
My follow up question is, due to my age and the time the spots have been there, ( a few years and getting worse all the time ) I'm thinking that the topical methods will only go so far. In the event that I elect to go with the dermabrasion, is that actually possible on the penis or would it be too painful. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 58 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.

Dermabrasion if done with the help of laser is not so painful.
There is usually significant swelling and moderate discomfort that requires pain relief medication. The skin scabs in about 24 to 36 hours.

Risks and complications of dermabrasion include bleeding, infection, scarring, and occasionally KELOID (overgrown SCAR) formation. Proper postprocedure care is important to encourage appropriate healing.

Also, whether it can be done on the penis or not - depends on your dermatologist as it is something which needs an individual assessment and proper examination.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wishing you an early recovery.