Is there a risk of birth defects if Anavar has been taken?

I stopped taking Anavar (Oxyandrolone) four months ago and have just found out I am four weeks pregnant. Is there risk of birth defect?
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No. There is no risk of birth defect compared to N Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Oxandrolone have the half life of about 8 to 13 hours and Clearance time of about 3 to 4 weeks. As you have conceived after 3 months of stopping Oxandrolone, nothing to be concerned about any risk of birth defect of your baby compared to normal pregnancy. Have a regular check up with your Obstetrician. Drink plenty of water. Avoid any sexual activity during the first trimester. Do not lift heavy weight and Travel anywhere unnecessarily. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
Follow-up: Is there a risk of birth defects if Anavar has been taken? 9 hours later
Thank you so very much for your quick response. It is TRULY appreciated!!!!!!
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 20 hours later
Brief Answer: Thank you. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thank you for your kind appreciation. Please let me know if you have any further queries in future. Wishing you good health.