Is there a relation between Atovastatin and pain in kidney area?
User rating for this question
I have been using prescribed Atovastatin for appoximately two years. I now have intermitent pain in the kidney area and usually my urine is medium tea colour most of the time.With three urine tests blood has been detected in my urine.I have had xray ,ultrasound and ct scan.No kidney stones have been found or other unusual things detected other than slight kidney tissue irregularity near the urethra as i understand it.While the pain in the kidney area is bearable I take panadol to ease it some times when it gets a bit much.My regular gp says I should not take stronger pain killers because I have a faulty mitral heart valve.Should I be conserned about the use of Atorvastatin.?John Moore new Zealand.
Posted Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Brief answer....ATORVASTATIN doesn't cause bleeding in urine Detailed answer... Hello, Thanks for the query. Very frankly speaking,ATORVASTATIN doesn't result in any bleeding in urine unless you are suffering from a very serious side effect of ATORVASTATIN called as rhabdomylosis. As far as intermittent bleeding in urine is concerned there can be various causes for it which range from innocuous reasons like use of aspirin or laxatives to cancers of prostate or bladder. Since routine tests have not revealed anything,I would advise you to consult a urologist and get a cystoscopy done. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks
People also viewed
- My inguinal area hurts
- Mucos and blood in stools
- Knee pain in relation to kidney
- My stomach hurts after i eat and i pee a lot
- Is unusual tiredness or weakness a side effect of tolterodine?
- Is decrease in urine volume a side effect of tudorza pressair?
- Kidney pain in relation to spinal problems
- Is stomach discomfort following meals a side effect of viagra?
- Kidney stones related to knee pain
- Mebeverine treatment how long
- Is severe headaches of sudden onset a side effect of zenatane?
- Pain in back kidney related hcg
- What are the side effects of acetaminophen and phenylephrine?
- Lower right side abdominal pain with red blood in stool taste of blood
- Differentiating between ovarian and kidney pain