Is there a procedure for home based safe abortion?

Hello doctor i am swapna 22yrs old, i had unprotected sex with my hubby on 23rd of march, now im missing period the actual date is 9th. On 9th also had same like 23rd.Then i got small bleeding of 5 or 6 drops for 4 to 5 days with pain at my lower stomuch what could be the reason for that?Do you think im pregnant but now i want to go for abortion because i want to continue my studies. Is it possible to have safe abortion at home because i cant afford to consult the doctor. What could be the procedure for safe abortion at home. Please help out of this. Thank you..
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 58 minutes later

Thanks for your query,

If you had periods on 9th in the month of March then you are at risk of pregnancy as the intercourse that happened on 23rd march will lie in the fertile period where a release of Ovum ( egg ) can be expected in you.

The bleeding you had could be due to implantation ( invagination of the growing embryo into the endometrium of the uterus ) that occurs around the date mentioned.

I would suggest you to first take a Home urine pregnancy test and confirm the pregnancy.

If it comes positive and you are not willing to continue on it , you can opt for medical termination.But this has to be done under supervision of a gynecologist as there will be undesired effects of the medications used , also the medications will not be given by the pharmacist unless there is a valid prescription for the same signed by the gynecologist.

There will also be a need for a check Ultrasound scan to rule out any left out parts of the abortus.

Do consult a gynecologist after you get the test done for safer management.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.