Is there a possibility that sperm can travel through clothes an fertilize?

Question
Is there a possibility that sperm can travel through clothes or this impossible ?? Travel through clothes and result in fertilisation ??? . Thanks
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This is impossible

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX,

No, firstly, sperms cannot travel through clothes. This is impossible. Secondly, they cannot result in fertilization either.

Hope this is clear to you.

Good day ahead!

Follow-up: Is there a possibility that sperm can travel through clothes an fertilize? 44 minutes later
Can I ask why they can't travel through clothing ??

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
Detailed below

Detailed Answer:

It is simple. The sperms can acquire motility and travel only within the female genital tract. The system within the female reproductive tract is set like that. The sperms acquires motility and also the cervical secretions enhance sperm motility within the reproductive tract only.

This cannot happen through the clothing due to mechanical obstruction. The sperms are not designed to travel through the clothing, but only die on exposure to clothes.

Hope this is clear to you now.

Follow-up: Is there a possibility that sperm can travel through clothes an fertilize? 3 minutes later
Finally the reason for this question is because my partner had underwear and leggings on. I may have had sperm on my hands as I put my hand over her vaginal area (she had underwear and leggings on), is there risk of pregnancy ??

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No risk

Detailed Answer:

There is no risk of pregnancy in this way. Be rest assured that your partner cannot get pregnant this way.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Is there a possibility that sperm can travel through clothes an fertilize? 29 hours later
How soon after intercourse can you have a pregnancy test ( number of days )?

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
after 5 weeks

Detailed Answer:

One can take a pregnancy test after 5 weeks of sexual intercourse.

Hope this helps you. Good day!

Follow-up: Is there a possibility that sperm can travel through clothes an fertilize? 3 days later
At what age can a girl get her first period at the earliest age wise ??
Secondly can pregnancy take place without intetcourse I.e if a guy plays with his partner, and he has semen on his fingers, then places the fingers in his partners vagina, can pregnancy happen this way ???

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
detailed below

Detailed Answer:

The earliest a girl can have her periods is around 9 years of age.

No, pregnancy is not possible in the way that you have mentioned.

Follow-up: Is there a possibility that sperm can travel through clothes an fertilize? 7 hours later
Secondly can a girl get pregnant when she starts ovulating or after first period ??

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes, she can

Detailed Answer:
Yes, a girl can get pregnant once she starts ovulating or after her first period.

Can she get pregnant before her first period ??

Brief Answer:
no

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX,

No, a girl cannot become pregnant before her first period. This is because of absence of egg before the ovulation begins.

Follow-up: Is there a possibility that sperm can travel through clothes an fertilize? 6 hours later
So pregnancy before having first ever period would be impossible or near impossible ??

Brief Answer:
impossible

Detailed Answer:

Pregnancy before the first ever period is impossible.

Hope this is clear to you.

Follow-up: Is there a possibility that sperm can travel through clothes an fertilize? 16 minutes later
Even if she has intercourse? As I have read a young girl at age if 5 from Peru had a baby. This was many decades ago

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes

Detailed Answer:

Yes, even if a girl has intercourse before her periods begin, she cannot become pregnant.

There must be a clear scientific explanation behind the Peru incident. I am not aware of it.

Follow-up: Is there a possibility that sperm can travel through clothes an fertilize? 13 minutes later
Thank you

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
thank you too.