Is there a pill for the heart muscle?

Excellent

Cardiologist
Question
Is there a pill for the heart muscle?
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2017 in null

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

I would like to know more about your concern.

Did you mean a pill to reinforce the heart muscle? Do you suffer from heart failure?

I would like to know more about your past medical history.

What are your actual complaints?

Have you performed any cardiac ultrasound or ECG lately? I would be happy to review those reports, if you can upload it for a more professional opinion.

An optimization of the therapy, (antihypertensive therapy, diuretics, beta blockers, ACEI drugs) may improve the clinical situation in patients with heart failure.

Coenzime Q10 is important for the function of the heart muscle. This supplement can improve the heart muscle function, especially in patients with heart failure.

Hope to have been helpful!

I remain at your disposal for any other questions, whenever you need!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri

Follow-up: Is there a pill for the heart muscle? 25 hours later
I do not have heart failure, and I feel great. My concern is that my teacher gave me an ekg and it was normal, but when I go to other doctors it is abnormal. I can take Coenzyme Q 10, which pleases me best. What do you suggest I do? Thank you. XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello again Maria!

Thank you for the additional information!

I would like to directly your ECG, if you can upload it as a photo or image, for a second professional opinion.

Anyway, you should know that the ECG is not a very specific test for the cardiac muscle study.

A cardiac ultrasound would give a lot more information on the heart structure and function and also its muscles function.

Regarding Coenzyme Q10, I would recommend taking 50-200mg per day.

Another substance, which helps reinforce the heart muscle is L-carnitine.

Both these substances help improve all our body muscles function.

So, L-carnitine supplements would be recommendable for this purpose too.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Wishing all the best,

Dr. Iliri