Is there a medical condition that can create depressions in the skull?

Neurologist, Surgical
Hi there Doctor. Is there a medical condition that can create depressions in the skull? it seems like a crazy question given the obvious strength of bone, but i noticed 2 'new' depressions in October which i guess i have relaxed about now after stressing for some time, bit last night i felt what seems to be another in the middle top of my face below the hairline, so now i am worried again. Any clues?
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Brain Tumor
Answered by Dr. Shivakumar S. Kupanur 1 hour later

Depression in the skull could be due to rare medical conditions. Osteolytic bone lesions, resorption of bone due to some pathology are some of the rare conditions to mention, not to scare you. Sometimes it will be congenital, by birth. Incidentally you have noticed now.

I consider you are apparently healthy now, without any complaints, as you have not mentioned any. I do not think any worrisome here.

But, still it needs to be investigated. I would suggest you to XXXXXXX your X-ray skull and CT scan of head if required later to visualize the lesion.

Do not worry, get it evaluated. You can contact me again once you are ready with investigation report.

I hope, this answers your query. I will be available for follow up queries.