Is there a link between blood type and mental disorder depression?

Excellent

Psychiatrist
Question
hi

how are you? is there a link between blood types and mental disorders? eg. depression.
Posted Tue, 3 Sep 2013 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no demonstrated relationship

Detailed Answer:
Hello..........
Thanks for your query. There is no proven scientific relationship between any of the blood groups and mental disorders like depression. Studies conducted till now in this regard have failed to throw any specific conclusions.
Dr Sundar
Psychiatrist

Follow-up: Is there a link between blood type and mental disorder depression? 1 hour later
what you mean by specific conclusions? i'm asking because my blood type is O+, but my mother's blood type is B+ and my father's is A+ and my sister's is AB+. I'm the only depressed one in my family. I've been told that it might be related to my blood type. is this true?

thanks

bye

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
No relationship

Detailed Answer:
Hello........
No, your blood group is in no way related to your depression. Only yourself developing depressive episode in your family has nothing to do with your blood group. Hope you are clear now.
Dr Sundar

Follow-up: Is there a link between blood type and mental disorder depression? 6 minutes later
another psychiatrist gave me a different answer on this site. he told me the problem with the blood type diet is that there has never been controlled clinical trials based on this. he said it could be true that each blood type requires its own special diet but because there has never been controlled clinical trials based on this doctors can't say that the blood type diet is valid.

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
No tangible proof

Detailed Answer:
Hello.......
Exactly. In absence of research findings, these associations are mere guess work or speculations. They are unproved as of date.
Dr Sundar