Is there a drug interaction between Doxepin and Tamoxifen?

I take Doxepin 60 mg at night and they prescribe me Tamoxifen 20 mg. a day. When I take the Tamoxifen in the morning I cannot function well because of fuzzy thinking. Is there a drug interaction between them?
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, moderate grade of interaction present Detailed Answer: Hello ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. You are right ma'am. There have been documented drug interactions between doxepin and tamoxifen. The seriousness of interaction is considered moderate and effects can result in symptoms like lightheadedness, fainting, shortness of breath, dizziness, increased heart rate, etc. These symptoms can result in conditions like irregular heart rhythm that can be serious. I would advise you to re-visit your doctor and either change your medication or both; or request for a dosage moderation which will require constant supervision by your doctor. I hope you found my response both helpful and informative ma'am. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.