Is there a difference between Locoid Lipocream and Locoid cream?

Hi, I have been using the Locoid Lipocream for years and my mail order pharmacy sent me just Locoid cream. I just used it and my face feels like it has a slight burning sensation. Is there a difference between these products?
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Both steroid creams essentially the same Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. Both Lucoid and Lucoid lipocream essentially contain the same steroid which is hydrocortisone butyrate. Since both of these are similar drugs, so it quite unlikely that the change in product could have caused the irritation. Yes, sometimes it can happen that the change in base could have caused the irritation. This can happen if the base used in lucoid lipocream has not suited your skin. But the chances of this are very less. But if you still feel that there can be no other cause of this skin irritation, then you can revert back to the previous cream. I would also like you to rule out other chances of this irritation. Did you use any other creams or oils? Which area were you applying this cream and why? Any application of dettol or savlon? Any new soaps or body wash? Excessive sun exposure? I am sure I will be able to help you more once you provide me the above details. Dr Geetika Paul