Is there a cure for suspected morphea in the abdomen area of child?

Is there a cure for suspected morphea in the abdomen area of a child? Report attached.
Posted Thu, 30 May 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 36 minutes later

Thanks for your query

I can feel your concerns,
I have gone through your children pictures and biopsy report

Moprhea , a localized skin thickening with pigmentation, can be decreased with passage of time.
Skin is going on changing day by day and new skin formation results , this is rather a benign condition

Yes, of course these symptoms can be reduced in early morphea which is more successful than attempts to decrease scarring afterwards. The available treatment options are the topical use of:

Corticosteroid creams
Tacrolimus ointment
Light-based treatments, UVA
Antimalarial drugs

Is there any other associated complaints of your child?

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help
wishing her a speedy recovery