Is there a cream for desensitizing vagina to enable sexual intercourse following surgery?

Infertility Specialist
Question
is there a cream for desensitising the vagina to enable sexual intercourse following surgery?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Women Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later

You seem to have undergone a procedure called "Cystocele repair" for cystocele (Bladder falling out) and a colporrhaphy ( anterior and/or posterior vaginal wall repair) to repair a defect in the wall of the vagina.
The colporrhaphy surgery actually tightens vaginal opening and vagina to give you a better sexual experience (by correcting lax vagina). But sometimes, over correction leads to extreme tightening which I think is the case with you.

Hence, I would suggest the following:

1) Try sexual intercourse using vaginal lubricating creams (which are available over the counter) for a few weeks. Generally, the tissue stretches by itself and you will feel alright.

2) If this does not work out, you can see your treating gynecologist and request for a re-examination to assess the need for widening the opening slightly.

I hope I answered your question. Let me know if I can answer any more queries.

Please accept my answer if you have no more queries.