Is there a chance to recover quickly from Tuberculoma and Brain edema?

Sir my niece was head ache for last 2 months. We were shown to the local doctor. The doctor could not found anything and given pain killer. Four days back she was got violent and could not take the pain and we had taken her to the multispecialty hospital. There they took the MRI and the report shows that she is suffering from tuberculoma. The next day she had gone to coma partially and the neurosurgeon decided to operate on the next day. On the day of operation the patient gone to ventilator. The neurosurgeon operated the tumor successfully and informed us that there is swelling on the brain and she is very critical. After 24 hrs passed she is still critical. and not responding . Her BP is very low. Heart beats is 165-180. After 24 hrs we asked the doctor the doctor told that the brain is not start responding. In this condition what is your suggestion . Can she recover or not. We are eagerly waiting for her speedy recovery. pl guide us
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Keep your hopes.... Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand this is a fairly difficult situation. I wish and pray that your niece comes out of this situation. Brain edema and raised intracranial pressure is a known complication of brain surgery. It takes about few days to weeks to reduce; medications and procedures can faster the healing process. However it is extremely difficult to guess the rate and percentage of recovery in such cases. A low blood pressure, poor brain response (glassglow coma scale) and unresponse for more than 24 hours past surgery are concerning signs. At this instance the prognosis is guarded. But keep your hopes. Let the doctors monitor her condition with all supports for the next 24 - 48 hours. Prayers with her... Regards