Is there a chance to increase the height at the age of 24?

Hi......I'm 24 years old,how to increase my heiht at this age?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 37 minutes later

I am afraid dear, there is no way you can increase your height at this age.

Let me try to explain you the basics first.

As the age advances the long bones of body grows in height from childhood to puberty. At the age of about 13-14 years, when you reach puberty, under the influence of male hormones you start growing hairs on your face, axilla and genital region.

At the same time under the influence of these hormones the growing ends of the long bones fuses with the shaft and the bones stops growing in height.

After that bones can increase in strength and weight but do not grow in height.

Please take good diet XXXXXXX in protein, vitamins.This will help in general to have good health.

Please do not take any so called diet supplements or medicines to increase height. Nothing works.

I hope this answers your query, I will be glad to reply any follow up query that you have.

In case you do not have any further query, please accept the answer.