Is there a chance of pregnancy if you had sex one week before expected periods ?

Hi I had sex with my girlfriend before one week of her menstural cycle. Can you pls tell me is there any chance of her getting pregnant? If so, is there any way to get her periods. Thanks in Advance
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Teen Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sheetal 26 minutes later

If you have had unprotected sexual intercourse with your girlfriend one week before her expected date of menstruation, there is a possibility of pregnancy.

Since you do not desire pregnancy at this time, I would advise her to take an emergency contraceptive pill such as the i-pill. However, this pill is effective in preventing pregnancy only if it is taken within 72 hours of unprotected sexual intercourse.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.