Is there a chance of getting pregnant if someone is on a femilon prescription?

Mar 2016

Posted Fri, 31 May 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. S Patra 30 minutes later

Femilon is a desogestrel & ethinylestradiol as component. It is used to treat irregular menstrual cycle. It also gives highest protection (99.9 %) against unwanted pregnancy if it is taken in regular basis on scheduled time. For the first 1-2 months, you need to take some back up method like condoms or spermicide jelly for extra protection.

In conclusion, chance of getting pregnant while using Femilon is quite low (less than 0.1%).

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

For any future query, you can directly ask me by viewing this page WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish your good health & take care yourself.

Dr Soumen.