Is there a certain way to stop Lorazepam?
User rating for this question
I AM TAKING LORAZEPAM 0.5. MY QUESTION IS IF I WANT TO STOP TAKING THIS PILL DO I NEED TO DO THIS A CERTAIN WAY OR CAN I JUST STOP.
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: Taper it gradually.HelloThanks for your query, Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted that you have been taking Lorazepam 0.5 since a long time and wish to stop it. Lorazepam is a tranquillizer and stopping it all of a sudden will result in withdrawal symptoms .It is always advisable to taper it gradually .First reduce the dose to 0.25 once daily for couple of days and start taking it on alternate day and then take it twice a week and finally you can stop taking it .Hope I have answered your query,please feel free to ask if you have more questions I shall be happy to help you. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
People also viewed
- On metrogyl 400 for bacteria infection of vagina recovery time
- Does evion 400 have any side effect on skin
- How to relieve the worsening appendix pain
- Are there any natural ways of treating polymyalgia rheumatic a
- Can a person suffering from pneumonia undergo angiogram or angioplasty
- Is there a certain way to stop lorazepam
- Will danogen have ill effects on the fetus
- Is the morphine sulfate is same as that of median
- What is the process to stop lorazepam
- Lorazepam in the elderly
- Breathing problem after i stopped taking lorazepam why
- Jaw bone degeneration pains taking aleve and tylenol 3
- What is the dose of taking mega free flex
- Will vitamin b12 help in curing vertigo
- Lorazepam and tattoos