Is thee any specific diet for treatment of Bell's Palsy?

Question
Is their a special diet for the treatment of Bells Palsey , Email to XXXX 1@ WWW.WWWW.WW
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: There is no specific diet or supplements! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear of this bell's palsy. Unfortunately, there is no specific diet that can aid with the recovery process. However, making sure that you eat a health and balanced diet would be a good idea. The good news is that many people with bell's palsy actually get to recover spontaneously. While hoping that this could be the case with you, it would be nice to incorporate some general measures to protect the eye. These include application of artificial tears, wearing glasses, wear an eye patch at night and covering the eyes with your hands during the day. I hope you find the above information helpful. I wish you well and the best of possible outcomes. Thanks for using our services and please do feel free to ask for more information if need be. Dr. Ditah, MD.

Follow-up: Is thee any specific diet for treatment of Bell's Palsy? 42 hours later
I have been prescribed prednisone, acyclovir and trauma doll for pain. Is this the right prescription? Why does my pain go from a 1 to a 10 debilitating me at times? I have found a pressure point On the base of my neck that does give a little relief. I await your kind response. XXXXXXX XXXX

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, te prescription is correct. Detailed Answer: Your drugs are well adapted for this diagnosis. How soon after taking your medications does the pain get worse? It may simply mean that we need to revise the dosage and interval of your drugs to make sure you are well treated for the pain. Also, make use of the pressure point tat relieves your pain. It is good to have a non drug measure to help control your pains. I wish you well. Let me know how you take the tramadol for pain control(how much and how often) Dr. Ditah, MD.

Follow-up: Is thee any specific diet for treatment of Bell's Palsy? 58 minutes later
The tremadol is 50mg tablets. Three times a day. When I wake up, mid day and bedtime. I am finding that the tremadol does not help much. The pressure point that I apply my finger point behind my ear gives me better relief. Thanks XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thanks Detailed Answer: This dose and duration is of tramadol appropriate. It may not be surprising that this drug is not very helpful. Pain in bell's palsy is more related to a nerve problem and probably anti-seizure medications or antidepressants may be of greater help than a regular pain medication. Let your doctor know that you are still faced with pains and probably suggest the above class of medications to him and hear what he says. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD.

Follow-up: Is thee any specific diet for treatment of Bell's Palsy? 4 minutes later
Thank you very much for your help. FYI I found that heat packs help and cold packs make it worse.

Brief Answer: Thank you so much for this! Detailed Answer: Thanks for this information. What makes it better should be enforced and what makes it worse avoided. They would be of help to you. I wish you well. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.