Is the ultrasound report that i mentioned seemed normal ?

hi doctor, my wife is 5 weeks and 4 days pregnant her last period was on 11th or 12 th january . We just had our first pregnancy scan today and came to know that we have twins.. now my reports are as follows: there are two gestational sacs in funds the first sac shows mean diameter of 5 mm:4weeks and 3 days +-one week , the yolk sac is normal , no embryo seen as yet the trophoblast is normal , there are no choriodecidual separation same for the after coming sac the menstrual age is 5 weeks and 4 days the internal os is closed length of cervix is 32 mm and no free fluid in pelvis now my question is 1) is this report normal for my pregnancy? 2)what about my childs heartbeat ,i mean when can i see heartbeat?
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes. At 7 weeks. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. At 5 weeks 4 days pregnancy the ultrasound report that you have mentioned is normal. It is normal not to see a fetus at this time. Since the yolk sac and trophoblast are normal there is no need to worry. It is likely to be a viable pregnancy. You will be able to see the heartbeat on your next scan by 7 weeks. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Follow-up: Is the ultrasound report that i mentioned seemed normal ? 8 hours later
thanks a lot doctor for the reply... my wife is also having light diarrhea and slight loose motions for the last 10 it normal? she is on oral progestrone 400 mg as she had an IUI and since we have twins ...should we have 800 mg or 400 is ok? how many weeks and days is she pregnant if her last mensuration date was 11th XXXXXXX 14
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 hours later
Brief Answer: The dose is sufficient. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. The change in bowel habits is normal during pregnancy. The mild diarrhea will gradually improve on its own. She can increase her fluid intake and take a nutritious diet. The dosage of Progesterone is alright. There is no need to double the dosage due to twins. This is only to supplement the natural progesterone that is secreted in the body during pregnancy. As per her dates she is now 5 weeks 6 days pregnant. You need to wait for at least 10 days to get a repeat scan done to detect a heart beat. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards