Is the throbbing pain in my right testicle due to testicular torsion?

I'm 29 years old and two and a half years ago had testicular torsion. My right testicle is throbbing in pain. I would say 8 out of 10 and then sharp thrusts of pain every now and then and thats 10-10. Its not as painful as the torsion but definitely crouched in pain.

Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 4 hours later

Testicular pain can be due to multiple causes. Testicular torsion causes very severe and colicky pain. Epididymoorchitis (Infection) can also cause pain in the testicle which is usually dull aching. Some times, ureteric stone (Renal Stones) will cause pain which specifically gets radiated to the testicle. This pain can even be sharp.

Your throbbing pain of the right testicle could be suggestive of Testicular torsion. Since your had had similar problem in past, it can recur too.

You need to consult your physician at the earliest and get your self evaluated. A doppler Ultrasound scan of the scrotum can reliably pint point the problem and help assess the viability of the testes if its a torsion.

Hope this answers your query.

Please get back if you need any further information

Thanks and Regards
Dr Kiran
Follow-up: Is the throbbing pain in my right testicle due to testicular torsion? 2 hours later
Can my testicle be dying? Without testicular torsion
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 6 minutes later

Well, testis can get damaged due to many reasons. However, a complete damage is possible only due to Torsion.

Infection or trauma will cause only partial damage.

Its unlikely that your testis is dying.

However, a torsion needs to be ruled out as it cuts off the blood supply to testis and causes damage.

Hope this answers your query.

Take Care

Dr Kiran