Is the strange sensation near rib cage related to constipation and gastric problem?

Psychiatrist
Question
Hi i am having a weird movement near my right rib cage. I feel something is moving very slowly, I have a constipation and gastric problem. Is it beacuse of that??? can u help me on that?
I am having trouble with acidity since long and my stomach bloats if i dont eat every two hours.
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in Constipation

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 2 hours later
Hello.......
Thanks for your query. The strange sensation near rib cage could be due to constipation and peptic ulcer related acidity. I would suggest you to include more green leafy vegetables, fruits particularly bananas in your diet. Drink plenty of fluids. Ranitidine or omeprazole can be used to address the ulcer problem. An ultrasound abdomen can be once done to rule out any other problem. Wish you good health.
Dr Sundar

Follow-up: Is the strange sensation near rib cage related to constipation and gastric problem? 36 minutes later
Hi, Thanks for the prompt reply. I am planning to have a more leafy diet. I face problem if i eat banana. My stomach inflates after eating banana. Plz let me know dosage for Omeprazole or Ranitidine. I am thinking to have boiled veges and food for time being. please suggest me what to avoid.Does SODA helps in overcoming such problem?

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 27 minutes later
Hello........
In that case avoid bananas. Also avoid tea, coffee, carbonated beverages and spicy food. Ranitidine 150 mg or omeprazole 20 mg to be taken half an hour prior to food once a day. Avoid soda as it is carbonated and can worsen your condition. You can consider boiled vegetables as you had mentioned.
Dr Sundar

Follow-up: Is the strange sensation near rib cage related to constipation and gastric problem? 27 hours later
Hi, i took omeprazole 20 mg....the sensation at rib comes and goes...mostly after lunch its there through out the day.....its more when i m siting if i walk its nt there even when i sleep its nt much....i m really scared of it. I have a chronic constipation and gastritis problem. I ate watermelon and had juice also after that for some time the sensation was high then it vanished. But again after 2 hours bit was back. Can u suggest me something for clear motion also as i dont get normally.
what else i can have if nt gas?

Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 10 hours later
Hello........
I would suggest you take lactulose 2 tea spoons per day to solve the issue of constipation. Continue with omeprazole. It should sufficiently address your problem. Ofcourse, if the problems do not settle down, an endoscopic investigation would be the last resort.
Dr Sundar