Is the semen analysis report normal and is there possibility of conception ?

General Surgeon
my name is XXXXXXX XXXXXXX age 33,5'6",55kg, volume of ejaculate 3.0ml, total spermcount is 45milliions/ml and active progress motility is 35% sluggish is 10%and non progressive motility is 55%. normal form is 95% and abnormal forms is 5% wbc is 2-3/HPF. ohters is nil. can i became father, plz reply me sir
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 1 hour later

Your semen analysis report is averagely good

1. 3 ml volume is quite normal with 45 millions /ml, so total sperm count per ejaculate is 135 millions
2. 95% normal morphological sperm is very good count.
3. 45% of the sperms are motile (35% active and 10% sluggish)
4. 2-3 wbc /HPF is insignificant.

Sperm analysis is considered normal when there are more than 50% motile sperms. 45% is not very concerning.

So you can definitely become father - if all other things are normal and your wife also tested normal

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

“Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”