Is the pimple with redness around a staph infection?

Review what query?
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 25 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.

Sorry you had some issue with the interface. I was able to review your query and image here.

This does appear to be a superficial infection. It could be some type of staph or some other bacteria which got underneath the skin and led to the infection we see here.

I recommend you start by soaking the area three times daily in a warm bath. This will open the pores in the area and promote resolution of the infection. You might also try some topical antibiotic cream available from your local pharmacy.

If the area progresses in size or if you develop more pain or fevers or chills I think you should see your general physician for a consultation as you might end up needing some antibiotics.

Thanks again for submitting your query. I hope you find my response to be helpful. Should you have additional queries I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga