Is the pea sized movable lump on the outside of my jaw just an abscess?

Infertility Specialist
I have a small pea sized movable lump on the outside of my jaw i.e. can only be felt when I press through the cheek. On the same side I have a grinding pain. However on the inside of my gum below my tongue at the front teeth there is swelling, and it seems to be white in colour, not painful though. I'm intending on contacting my dentist tomorrow, and have used warm, salt water as a rinse. Is it possible that this is an abscess or something more?
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: salivary gland cyst Detailed Answer: Hi This is a salivary gland cyst. It is generally below tongue and compressible. This needs to be removed by putting a small incision. Anyway this can be confirmed only after examination by dentist. Let me know if you have any more questions Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol