Is the herb Holy Basil beneficial for the management of COPD? Primary physician does not favour use of supplements.

Is the herb Holy XXXXXXX beneficial for the management of COPD ? My primary physician is not favorable to any use of supplements but I ignore his bias,
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 7 hours later

Thanks for posting your query

COPD is a chronic lung disease and you need to understand that there is no cure as such for it. But the symptoms can be controlled and lung damage can be prevented by means of medications and lifestyle modification.

You can continue with the prescribed medications and also do changes as:

1) Avoid smoking, cold air, allergy causing or exacerbating products.

2) Doing regular exercise or walk which builds strength.

3) Having healthy balanced diet including fish, lean meat, fruits, vegetables, etc.

Along with that you can take holy XXXXXXX supplements. But there is no study which has proved that only XXXXXXX can cure the disease. I would suggest you to take the medications suggested by your doctor to prevent any further damage.

Hope this answers your query. I will be available for follow up query if any.