Is the hard movable lump under my ear cancerous?

healthy 34yo female. I felt a hard movable lump about 1/2 inch in front of ear on cheek about 3 months ago. it is about the size of a small pea. I'm worried it is cancer. the lump is under the skin and not painful.
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Considerations Detailed Answer: hello and thank you for sending the question. I can appreciate that you are currently dealing with a stressful situation. I want to reassure you that most of the time this type of swelling will decrease and resolve. The most likely cause of this is infection or reaction to something in the environment. most of the time over about three or four weeks you should see this swelling resolve if for some reason the swelling persists or progresses then it would be reasonable to discuss this with your primary care doctor. Very rarely a biopsy is needed. Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional specific concerns and otherwise I would recommend that you continue to maintain a very well-balanced diet, regular physical activity and obtain adequate sleep and rest on a daily basis. sincerely, Dr. G