Is the bumps on the roof my mouth caused due to allergy?

Aug 2013

ENT Specialist
I have a small, white bump on the roof of my mouth towards the back. i think it's been there for months, maybe years, and comes and goes. it seems to bother me when my allergies are bad, and becomes sore from itching the roof of my mouth with my tounge. my sinuses are constantly plugged, and in would rate my allergies as severe, year round. could this bump be allergy related?
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sriram Nathan 5 hours later
hello and welcome to health care magic, I am Dr Sriram Nathan, an ENT surgeon and I will try to help you out with your problem I see that the lump in the oral cavity or mouth is bothering you. You must understand that there maybe so many lump like masses in the oral cavity and throat which are perfectly normal and they can be of so many different shape, size and colour. Your allergy and sinus problem will not have anything to do with the lump. However if the lump is lymphoid in nature then in all probability it may enlarge when you have any infection so that link may still be there with your allergies and sinus and the lump. You must at the offset just relax and do these: - watch if the lump is increasing in size and shape and is getting painful. If it does then you must get an ENT consult - In any case I would recommend you to take a diagnostic nasal endoscopy and CT PNS so that we can rule out sinsusitis and also get more details about the lump - try an antihistamine like levocetrizine for your allergies and see if the lump also responds to the same. Your doctor will know about this Hope your doubts are clear and I will be happy to clear any more regards Dr Sriram Nathan