Is the bacteria that causes pinkeye and bronchitis same?

Two of my employees have gotten pinkeye several weeks apart from each other. I am currently experiencing symptoms of bronchitis. So my question is: Is there a bacteria that causes both pinkeye and bronchitis? I recently found 3 indoor mushrooms growing near the back entrance at work. There has been water damage there and I know that this can lead to the growth of harmful bacteria and fungi.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 2 hours later

I think pink eye to your two employee has nothing to do with your present problem. It may be altogether different origin.

You are suffering from bronchitis, either it may be bacterial or viral origin. As you have observed mushrooms grown up in your house, can give some allergic symptoms like sneezing, itching or sometimes breathlessness, but i think this is not in your case.

To solve this problem you go for blood test like total blood count, differential count, mainly of eosinophilia, will give you idea of what is the cause of your problem.

Treatment depends upon the cause of bronchitis.

If it is viral origin, within few days it will go, take symptomatic treatment for cough, sneezing, headache, body ache. E.g OTC Ibuprofen, 400mg after meal along with antacid syrup. An antihistamine like Cetrizine shall help. Some times one course of antibiotic may require for mixed infection. If so, it requires a prescription from your local doctor.

I think this will satisfy about fear of your problem. Let me know if you have further queries.