Is the HIV DNA Qualitative PCR test results reliable few days after exposure?

Excellent

Question
Hi Doctor,

Is the HIV DNA Qualitative PCR test results reliable after 26 days from the day of high risk exposure for a male? High risk exposure is due to condom breakage at the end during ejaculation. (15-25 seconds of exposure)

Thanks,
XXXXXX
Posted Wed, 8 May 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 33 minutes later
Hello and welcome to Healthcareagic.

Thank you for writing to us.

A HIV DNA (qualitative) PCR test is about 95-99 % accurate when done 10-14 days after exposure. You can rest assured that you are HIV free, if your test reports a negative result.

I hope this information is what you were seeking. Do write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be happy to help you.

Best wishes.

Follow-up: Is the HIV DNA Qualitative PCR test results reliable few days after exposure? 3 minutes later
Hi Sir,

Thanks for reply.

My test result came negative after 26 days of exposure. Now, I think I can completely set my mind free from thoughts of getting HIV infection. Right sir?

Thanks,
XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 31 minutes later
Hello once again.

Yes, you are right. This test is highly accurate.

Be safe in the future. Wishing you lots of luck and a beautiful life ahead.

If you have no more queries, you could close this discussion and rate my answers.

Best wishes.

Follow-up: Is the HIV DNA Qualitative PCR test results reliable few days after exposure? 2 minutes later
Thank you very much doctor. Thanks a ton really.
Sure sir, I will maintain safety in future.

Thanks,
XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 minute later
I am happy I could be of assistance.

Take care XXXXXX.

God bless you.