Is tetanus injection necessary for a finger cut in a child despite having given all vaccinations?
User rating for this question
Hello Sir, My son is just 1 year old. Today he had a cut on his finger. The wound is not so deep but i am wondering whether he needs to take TT injection ? He has taken all the vaccinations till date. The last vaccination was on 10th month and it was Measles vaccination. Also just for your reference, he is suffering from hypothyroidism and he is having eltroxin every day. Please advise whether he needs to have TT injection ?
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Vaccinations
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: No Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for writing to us. I understand your concern. Relax,there is nothing to worry he does not need TT. Tetanus vaccine is a part of DPT vaccine which is routinely given to children as per schedule and added dose is required even if there is any injury. Complete his rest of vaccinatikns as per schedule. Hope I have answered your query. Wishing your child good health. God bless..
Follow-up: Is tetanus injection necessary for a finger cut in a child despite having given all vaccinations? 12 minutes later
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 6 minutes later
People also viewed
- Deep cut no anti tetanus vaccine
- Red mole and numbness
- Dpt vaccine indication
- Tetanus vaccine and shortness of breath
- Tetanus vaccine overdose
- Post splenectomy vaccination schedule
- Side effects measles vaccine at 9 months
- Swelling mons pubis ohss
- Yellow fever vaccination reaction psoriasis
- Mmr vaccine psoriasis
- Is tetanus injection and rabiwax vaccine sufficient to prevent rabies
- Tetanus vaccine and colitis
- Moles on your vagina
- Mole near my urethra is this rare
- Repeated pimple on the mons