Is tetanus injection necessary for a finger cut in a child despite having given all vaccinations?

Excellent

Pediatrician
Question
Hello Sir, My son is just 1 year old. Today he had a cut on his finger. The wound is not so deep but i am wondering whether he needs to take TT injection ? He has taken all the vaccinations till date. The last vaccination was on 10th month and it was Measles vaccination. Also just for your reference, he is suffering from hypothyroidism and he is having eltroxin every day. Please advise whether he needs to have TT injection ?
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Vaccinations

Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: No Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for writing to us. I understand your concern. Relax,there is nothing to worry he does not need TT. Tetanus vaccine is a part of DPT vaccine which is routinely given to children as per schedule and added dose is required even if there is any injury. Complete his rest of vaccinatikns as per schedule. Hope I have answered your query. Wishing your child good health. God bless..

Follow-up: Is tetanus injection necessary for a finger cut in a child despite having given all vaccinations? 12 minutes later
Thanks for the reply. Just to have a clarification: "Tetanus vaccine is a part of DPT vaccine which is routinely given to children as per schedule and added dose is required even if there is any injury". Did you mean that he needs to have any added dose of DPT ?

Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: thanks for your follow up. Detailed Answer: I am sorry for typing error. Additional dose of tetanus is not required even if there is injury as tetanus vaccine is a part of DPT vaccination. Your child does not need any vaccination. Hope now it is clear. Take care..