Is tetanus injection and rabiwax vaccine sufficient to prevent rabies?

hey doc, we have a 10 week old puppy which we bougt 1 month back,we didnot take a look at the mother's vaccine history but saw the mother who seemed healthy and is living healthy till now,last week on saturday my puupy bit my wife in the hand and a little blood was visible,the next day the puppy bit me in the lips and no blood was visible i just washed it wid water and forgot about it,but after 2 days i felt a little shiverin in the morning and completely freaked out thinkin it was the first sign of rabies that symptoms and that i am oing to die in 7 days and i went into anxiety,i couldnt work in office and came back home.the next day i went to appolo clinic and saw a doc he couldnt find a mark,who said its impossible for you to catch rabies because you havent send the puppy out anywhere in the last month and there is no way he could have come in contact with a rabid animal,but he gave me a dose of rabiwax vaccine 1 ml and asked me take it again on days 7 and 28 and said that the feverish feeling i was having is coz of cough and cold,i wasnt convinced and took the pet to a vet hospital and the doc told me there the puppy is active and said there is no possibility of rabies as if it got rabies from the mother it wouldnt have survived for the 1 month that he is with you,i have taken a tetanus injection as well. today is the 7th day of the bite i have survived and there is no fever,the anxiety level has come down,but i got bit once again today!!!the puppy is eating properly and playing a lot !! i have to ask you the followin questions: is the dose given to me perfect? is there any chance of getting rabies? i am in perfect health and so is the puppy....please help me
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes sir, right dose; no chance of rabies sir Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. Yes sir, the dose given to you is a pre-exposure rabies vaccine which will protect you from rabies even if you do come in contact with a rabid animal. As your dog is currently not rabid, there is no risk and indication for you to take a post-exposure vaccine. The dose and dates of taking the medication are accurate. Do not worry sir. In all likeliness your puppy has no training and this is the reason why it is biting humans. I would recommend you to leave it at a training center for a few days. I feel there is absolutely no chance of getting rabies, and the doctors you met are absolutely right with the diagnosis sir. I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.