Ask a Homeopath   »  

Is taking homeopathy medicine for severe dry cough and pharyngitis safe during pregnancy?

Hello,. I am 16 weeks pregnant and am suffering from severe dry cough. I already suffered from this for 6/7 days and it subsided, but it is back again and this time it is very severe. I have a history of repeated pharyngitis in the past and used to take Loxof tablet. I consulted one ENT on this website and he suggested Chericof syrup, but some gynaecologists are suggesting not to take it. I was suggested Benadryl for SOS every night by my gynae. Please can you suggest if Homeopathy medicine can be safely taken during this time. This cough is very severe and is causing pain and stiffness in my abdomen. Please help. Regards.
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Homeopathy
Answered by Dr. Ratnesh Pandey 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: Welcome to Health care Magic During pregnancy female catches cough and cold easily due to decreased immunity. We always suggest women to avoid cold and use protective measure. And medication during pregnancy is very important because a wrong medication may cause some serious complication. Homeopathy is most safe and effective in such cases. I am suggesting some medicine please take as prescribed 1 Phytolacca Decendra Q 10 drops with half cup of water 4 times in a day 2 Spongia 30 6 pills three times in a day on tongue 3 Bryonia 30 6 pills three times in a day on tongue Continue all the medicine for 20 days and you will get relief. If you have any query feel free to ask. Thanks