Is taking I pill after 6 hours of unprotected sex effective?
User rating for this question
Hi doc. I have a doubt regarding I pills. I had one last week , Date- 25th feb 2014, after having unprotected sex on the same day on a gap of about 6 hrs from the intercourse. Is it effective , I pill? Cause I kinda puked a lot ystrday (mayb due to some indigestion,still) . My periods are suppose to occur a week from now. Should I take any precautions yet again?
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: YOUVE DONE WHAT YOU COULD Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. When taken within 24 hours of unprotected sex, I pill is more than 95 % effective in preventing a pregnancy. SO you stand reasonably well protected. Some kind of nausea, vomiting occurs in response to the pill. So dont worry. ALso, the I pill can delay or prepone your normal expected period. To be on the safer side, take a pregnancy test 4 weeks after unprotected sex. There are no more precautions you can take right now, a week after unprotected sex. Take care.
Follow-up: Is taking I pill after 6 hours of unprotected sex effective? 1 hour later
Like you said m reasonably safe , Is the pregnancy test compulsory ? One more question. Is getting my Periods is the only way of getting to know that m not pregnant?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Brief Answer: AS BELOW Detailed Answer: You can experience some kind of withdrawal bleeding from the I pill, so having bleeding will not tell you if it was your period or not. I think it is foolproof method to take the pregnancy test after 4 weeks, so you know for sure about the pregnancy. Take care.
People also viewed
- 60 year old vs 70 year old
- Heart racing in 5year old
- Gynaecomastia lump armpit
- Both the ovaries are bulky with peripherally arranged follicles
- Can i take althea pills after having unprotected sex
- Bulky ovaries with peripherally arranged follicles in both the ovaries
- Typhoid in 5th month of pregnancy
- I had unprotected sex after taking p2 pills
- Will taking i pill after unprotected sex worsen prolapse
- Bloated stomach in a 5yr old
- Is pregnancy possible despite taking contraceptive pill after unprotected sex
- How can we take a appointment in cmc vellore for neuro problems
- 5yr old complaining of aching legs
- Taking idy pills took nordette after unprotected sex pregnancy chances
- Pea sized rubbery painless lump in armpit