Is swollen lymph node in armpit correlated with excessive night sweats?

I have a swollen lymph node in my armpit with normal blood work, am 42 years old, female, with a mammogram scheduled. My night sweats are now every night and severe enough that I change my clothes every night at least once. The sweat has a vaginal, sour smell. What should I be investigating?
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get Tested For Tuberculosis , Lymphoma Detailed Answer: Dear Mam. Night sweats usually occur in lymphoma , tuberculosis Since you say your blood work is normal , so lymphoma gets down on the list. Best action would be to get biopsy of the lymph node. It will clear most of the thing. And a bone marrow can be done if required. If you have night sweat , weight loss , fever , lymphoma and Tuberculosis are strong possibilities. .Mamogram will rule out breast cancer. .Get ESR , X Ray Chest , Montoux test also. .Wish you a speedy recovery. .I hope I am able to answer your query , still if you have any query ask me.