Is swollen face a side effect of taking Qvar or lisinopril?

My face has started to swell qvar or could it be my high blood pressure medicine? I have been taken lisinopril for many years without any side effects. Should I goannas ER about my swellon face it is becoming differ cult to see due to the swellingIs swollen face as side effect of taking qvar 40!"mug?
Sorry my message had typing error
I want to know does taking qvar have a side effect that causes a persons face. To swell and do I need to go to an ER?
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 2 hours later
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical care specialist) and would be glad to answer your query here.

Qvar is inhaled beclomethasone and should not cause facial swelling neither can lisinopril.

Do you have asthma or COPD?
How fast has the face swollen?
Are the feet also swelling?
Do you have severe breathlessness?
Is blood pressure and urine output normal?
what all medicines are you on and their dosage?

Face swelling slowly over months occurs due to XXXXXXX steroid treatment (frequently used for asthma/ COPD). Also heart failure, kidney failure, low proteins can cause generalized facial swelling.

If there is severe breathlessness, and the swelling is very rapid and is crackling on pressing on it, it is likely an air leak and can be XXXXXXX

Please answer all questions and add any more details of what you feel you have.
I would be happy to answer any future queries.
Keep me informed at
Good luck !
Follow-up: Is swollen face a side effect of taking Qvar or lisinopril? 7 hours later
I XXXXXXX asthma and I have been having a problem with my breathing My became swollen on Friday it happen very fast. The swelling began very fast maybe two or three hour Friday night . My sister noticed the swelling first when she came home from a business trip. Since then the swelling has gotten worse. My eyesare so swollen that it is hard to see. My blood pressure was very high on Thursday . My feet are not swollen just my face. About one year ago my hands became so swollen that my skin crated do you think my swollen face is a good reason to go to th ER. When my hands crated the doctor said that I had ( not sure how to spell thiis word but it starts with a p). The condition makes my skin on my nail and upper lip peel skin quickly I have never had my skin on my face swell so quickly.

Did you receive my follow up questions

Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 4 hours later
I saw your reply.
A rapid swelling over the face is a strong reason to go to the ER.
If it is crackling on pressing on it, it may be an air leak from severe spasm and can cause life threatening surgical emphysema or pneumohorax.

Another possibility is allergic anaphylaxis.BUt the BP usually goes low.

I would advise an urgent ER evaluation. You can ask about these possibilities and get examined.

I would request you to rate this answer if you feel helped out, before you accept and close the query.
Keep me informed at
Good luck.