Is swelling over elbow and rash on cheek due to flare-up of psoriatric arthritis?

My husband has had a flare-up of his psoriatric arthritis -- swollen left elbow -- that seems to be past the critical point, but the rash on one side of his cheek next to his nose has gotten worse, and today both cheeks are flushed bright red and swollen. Is this also psoriatric arthritis? I want him to see his RA doctor, Dr. XXXXXXX ASAP, but maybe he needs some immediate treatment? His forehead is also hot and blushed red, the skin is tight on the side of his face where he normally gets a little rash. IS this a continuing flareup of the psoriatic arthritis or something else? Can he wait to see the doctor or should I get hi to an ER?
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: no Detailed Answer: Hi, I m dr Alok, please to answer your health related query today Well, it is unusual that psoriasis appears at cheek and presented as you described. But still it is possible. Swelling over elbow is due to flare of disease. Was he investigated for lupus? Is he suffering from any other disease I think you need to see a rheumatologist as soon as possible. Regards Dr Alok