Is surgery the only solution for cyst removal between L4 and L5?

Nov 2013

been diagnosed wth a cyst between my l-4 and l-5 surgery the only way to remove the ccyst......can they do this a mnimally invasive way? can they dissolve it...also if its not cancerous can i opt to not go for surgery and just do pain management? I am very afraid. Thank you....
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Conventional surgery is preferred... Detailed Answer: Thank you for posting your query. The only way to remove the cyst is by surgery. For complete removal of cyst, a conventional surgery is preferred, rather than the minimally invasive way. The cyst is not cancerous and hence, there is no urgency to go for the surgery. In the meanwhile, you can go for pain management. I hope my reply has helped you. I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, For DIRECT QUERY to me: My blog: