Is surgery the only possible treatment for Hydrocele and how safe is it ?

hello,i am 55 yrs old,weight is 125 kg.height is 6'3".for last 3 months suffering from Hydrocele. is there any remedy for it except operation? and how safe is surgery? duration of it ? how long i ll have to be hospitalised ? will i be able to resume my normal life after surgery ? any surgeon can do or urologist is required ? i am confused pl answer me specifically.Thanking u.Parag.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 26 minutes later

Hydroceles are usually not XXXXXXX and if it is small in size, not increasing and is painless then it can be left as sometimes they regress on their own.

But if even after a year also it is not disappearing or causing discomfort then it needs removal by surgery which is the only treatment option for it.

It is a simple surgical procedure, is quite effective and has an excellent outcome after surgery.

Usually most patients are discharged within a week's time after this operation.

Consider visiting a skilled Surgeon for it. He might not take more than a hour for it.

There is another method in which Aspiration of the fluid is done. In this method the fluid collected is aspirated(removed) by a needle, but personally I would not recommend it as the fluid can collect again and the same problem would recur. Usually the outcome is not good.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up query.