Is surgery the only answer for gynecomastia? Non-surgical treatment?

Hi Doctor,

I want to know whether surgery is the only answer for gynecomastia or are there any nonsurgical treatments.
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Guru 40 minutes later

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!

There are some other treatments which use medications like selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERM), Testosterone replacement or by its derivatives, Clomiphene and some anti-estrogen medication. However, treatment varies depending on the cause. Most people ultimately require surgical correction.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further. If you are satisfied please proceed with closing and rating this answer.

Wish you a good health!