Is surgery necessary for Hydronephrosis in kidney?

Hello, Doctor, One of my relatives baby 3 months old is suffering Hydronephrosis in kidney. The baby got swelling in left kidney with water and unable to pass urine normal. But, baby right kidney is normal. According to one of the surgeon recommended immediately surgery for the baby which cost Rs. 120000/- which is not affordable by the parents. So, please help me is surgery necessary or it can be treated through medication. Please help...
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Surgery is needed. Detailed Answer: Hello, Surgery is essential to treat the condition. It cannot be cured with medications.A hydronephrotic kidney is under constant pressure and with time functional tissue of kidney may be lost.This will also predispose infections. If parents not afford the cost then you can try in government civil hospital , XXXXXXX hospitals or medical college hospitals. These hospitals will do surgery at much lesser cost. Hope this helps.Please ask if there are doubts. Regards,
Follow-up: Is surgery necessary for Hydronephrosis in kidney? 10 hours later
Doctor, Please suggest me any XXXXXXX hospitals and government hospitals which do surgery in lesser cost in hyderabad.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Personally, I dont know any such hospital . Detailed Answer: Hello, You can give try to medical college hospitals, both government and medical.Both are quiet cheaper with reasonable care. Also try to call the hospitals from the link I am providing here. WWW.WWWW.WW Hope this helps.Regards.