Is sudden relief from symptoms like abdominal pain and sleepiness during pregnancy normal?

I am in 7th week of 1st Trimester. Everyday I used to have slight pain to my both sides of abdominal(kind of streching/cramp) and sleepy whole day long. From yesterday I am no more having the sense of that pain neither feeling much sleepy. What can be the reason for the same. I am worried. I have my scanning after 4 days,cant wait till then to know that I am fine.
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: assessment right now and investigations Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Welcome to healthcare Magic! Some sense of heavines, frequent urination, breast engorgement and a weird tiredness/sleepiness are usual feature of this phase of pregnancy and persists till first 12-13weeks when the uterus ascends out of pelvis due to increasing size. Sudden relief from these symptoms at 7weeks is unexpected and any problems to fetus should be ruled out. You are absolutely right, you should prepone your visit to the gynecologist because four days delay can affect the results. A ultrasound dor fetus and uterine normalcy, local examination and serum beta hCG levels are advisable if there is any doubt after local clinical examination, I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you. Take Care!
Follow-up: Is sudden relief from symptoms like abdominal pain and sleepiness during pregnancy normal? 1 hour later
I got scanning and all possible tests just 2 weeks back and everything was shown normal then. Is there any way that I can cross check within the symptoms or check at home before going for scanning. Suggested scanning was supposed to be in 8th week and now I am still in 7th week, will there be any difference with respect to scanning if done in 8th week or in 7th week.
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 19 hours later
Brief Answer: Get ultrasound scan done right now Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Welcome back. Sudden loss of pregnancy symptoms is not a good sign. In healthy pregnancy fetal cardiac activity comes between 6-7 weeks & by this scan we just want to ensure whether you are having viable pregnancy or not. There is no way to cross check at home. So it will be better to get your ultrasound scan done right now instead of waiting till 8th week. I hope for the best Take care