Is stuffy nose caused due to midazolam hydrochloride injection given during colonoscopy?

The last time I had a colonoscopy, when the setative wore off, my nose ran like a faucet for 2 days, then stopped as abruptly as it started. The injection was midazolam hydrochloride 1 mg and fentanyl citrate .1mg. I am scheduled for a partial corneal transplant and don't want to have to deal with the nose issues. Is it possible that it was a reaction to the sedative?
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: There is no cause for concern Detailed Answer: Hi welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Midazolam may cause stuffiness of the nose, but prolonged discharge is unlikely. The nasal problem you experienced was just a co-incidental thing and unlikely to be due to it. So there is no cause for concern. Wishing you best of luck for the Surgery. In case you need further assistance kindly get back to me, will be glad to assist you. Take Care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS,MD