Is stopping Thyronorm advisable when suffering from hypothyroidism?
User rating for this question
I am a stage 3 renal patient aged 61 years and also having hypertension but non-diabetic ; I had also developed Hypothyroidism about more than a year back and with a physician's advice I took Thyronorm 25 mcg and later, Thyronorm 50mcg tablets daily once in the morning ; Now, my TSH level is below the minimum reference range viz. 0.18 (range 0.35- 5.5) ; SHOULD I, THEREFORE, 1) Stop taking Thyronorm 50mcg tablet either altogether (or) for a limited period of time , say 6 months and once again check TSH? 2) Otherwise, should I reduce the dosage to 25 mcg per dy? My T3 & T4 are in the normal range.
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Reducing the dose is abetter idea. Detailed Answer: Dear sir, Hi! you are hypothyroid and if you stop the drug you will have all the symptoms of hypothyroidism. you have normal T3 & T4 , only TSH is suppressed so stopping the drug is not a good idea. reduce it to 25 mcg and recheck your thyroid balance after 6 weeks and let me know. regards!
Follow-up: Is stopping Thyronorm advisable when suffering from hypothyroidism? 2 hours later
Hello Dr.! what are the "serious" symptoms of Hypothyroidism? I would like to know.
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 18 hours later
People also viewed
- Increased heartbeat after taking thyronorm 75
- Prolactin level of 800
- Mole on butt crack itching
- Thyronorm for hypothyroid side effects
- Is stopping thyronorm advisable when suffering from hypothyroidism
- Lieomyoma diagnosed cannot conceive hypothyroidism laparotomy done using thyronorm advise
- Butt crack itching at the top
- Thyronorm is used for hypothyroid or hyperthyroid
- Endocrine test during 7th month
- Thyronorm 75mg is used for which indication
- Thyronorm is taken for hypothyroid or hyperthyroid
- Neosporin itchy butt crack
- Tsh levels during 7th month pregnancy
- Hard painful lump butt crack
- Itchy butt crack while pregnant