Is stomach upset, Rosacae and flushing a common symptom of HIV?

Geriatrics Specialist
I am a male and had unprotected vaginal sex about a mth ago. I had an upset stomach 2or 3 days later. Now I have rosacea and facial flushing that worsens of the evening. Could this be caused by HIV seroconversion? Is rosacea common in HIV?
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Surendiran Gaj 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Rosacea,not common in Hiv Detailed Answer: Hi there, The symptoms like stomach upset, Rosacae , flushing are not commonly seen in HIV. do not worry . Even after an Unprotected sex , there are minimal chances of contracting HIV, if the partner is having hiv. In order to prevent other veneral diseases use contraception during intercourse . If you are still unsatisfied do an PCR reaction ,early way of detecting HIV virus in serum . Thank you .
Follow-up: Is stomach upset, Rosacae and flushing a common symptom of HIV? 1 hour later
Can rosacea be related to H pylori? The redness and flushing did not happen until after the stomach issues from possible food poisoning.
Answered by Dr. Surendiran Gaj 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Rare by H.pylori Detailed Answer: Hi, The most common cause for rosacae is stress. As you have been with this stomach issue , there might be increased stress resulting to this condition. It is not directly related to h.pylori. Avoid sun exposure, it may increase the symptoms. If the rosacea is severe you can get it treated symptomatically. Take care.
Follow-up: Is stomach upset, Rosacae and flushing a common symptom of HIV? 38 minutes later
How long should I allow to Han a HIV antibody test? 6 mths? Or do you think HIV is not the issue here?
Answered by Dr. Surendiran Gaj 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: HIV is not an issue here Detailed Answer: Thanks for writing back , HIV is not an issue here, if you still suspect the status of the person whom you have encountered. You can do an RT PCR , it will show you exactly if you contracted HIV or not . It will diagnose exactly within months after the exposure , you don't have to wait for 6months for ELISA /western blot techniques. Take care . Good health.