Is stinging in nose a sign of sinus headache?

Apr 2014

I have stinging inside my nose and a headache but my nose is not running . I have no fever, once in a while I get really warm. Could this be a sinus headache / infection ?
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: I don't think you have sinus headache. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX XXXX Thanks for writing to us I don't think you have sinus headache.It may be due to other reasons.Typically sinus headaches causes pain and pressure around the sinuses(in the forehead) especially behind and between the eyes and above the nose.These areas may be tender to the touch. Pain also worsens with movement like bending over or lying down. Sinus headache is usually accompanied by other symptoms like nasal discharge,cough,sore throat,fatigue etc. You need proper clinical examination.Headache may be due to other reasons like tension,migraine,eye/neck problem etc. At present you can take tablet paracetamol 500 mg stat and SOS. If it is recurrent then you should consult your physician. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX