Is stiffness in my legs associated with hernia?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
i have a hernia and notice stiffness of my legs while sleeping now i notice the same when sitting. is this associated with the hernia
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please mention the site of hernia. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX I get to know from your history that you have had a hernia on the right side and now it has appeared on left side. However, you have not mentioned the site of hernia. It is not possible to say whether the stiffness of legs is related to hernia without knowing the site of hernia. Inguinal hernias are the commonest hernias but there are various types of hernias. Kindly, mention the site to be sure. Thanks Dr Shailja P Wahal
Follow-up: Is stiffness in my legs associated with hernia? 1 hour later
what steps are taken to find he problems dealing with the leg stiffness?
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Musculoskeletal problem- see an orthopedician Detailed Answer: Hello, At your age, I would consider musculoskeletal disorders as the commonest reason of stiffness. If stiffness is around the joints especially around the knee joints, it suggests osteoarthritis. Accordingly I would refer you to consult an orthopedician. If the stiffness is in the muscles, I wouldn't be very worried. Rest and pain killers can be tried before a detailed neurological examination. In simple, I would direct you to consult an orthopedician. If you have more queries I will be glad to answer. Dr Shailja P Wahal