Is spicy chicken the reason for pain in middle of throat?

suddenly I have got this pain in the middle of the throat. it pains when I swallow..especially dry swallow. The pain is NOT in left or right. its just the middle of throat. I dont know what is this par called. I can see this part in mirror when I wide open my mouth. what is this ? I dont have cold or caugh. had spicy chicken in dinner and thats when I first felt this pain. thanks for the help I wanted to post this to an ENT specialist but the android app doesnt let me select the speciality. Kondly help
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Chlorhexidine gargle Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for you query. Based on your symptoms I suspect you to have Pharyngitis. This could be due to bacterial infection. You may have to gargle Chlorhexidine solution thrice daily after food. This will prevent further worsening and cure the infection within a day or two. Also you may need a course of antibiotics like Azithromycin. Consult your treating doctor for the same. Regards,