Is soreness in my left testicle due to CABG?

Hello Dr. I am 64 years old I weigth 11 stone and my height is 5feet 2 inches, I had a CABG on the 1ST March this year and since I have developed a sore left testicle can you tell me what the problem might be. Thankyou
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 46 minutes later
The soreness of your left testicle is not likely to be due to CABG.It seems to be just a coincidence that you are feeling soreness since then. the most probable cause can be-
1. Epididymitis- Inflammation of epididymis.The most common cause of epididymitis is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) such as gonorrhea or chlamydia.At your age it is often because of enlargement of the prostate gland. This can be ruled out on an ultrasound scan.
2.Orchitis (inflammation of the testicle): This inflammatory condition of the testicle generally occurs because of an infectious process. Antibiotics are needed for the treatment.
3.Testicular tumor: A tumor rarely causes testicular pain. It is important to conduct regular self-examinations of the testicles to locate any lumps or masses, as early detection improves the prognosis for testicular cancer.
An examination by a surgeon can only rule out the above conditions and then suggest you the related treatment.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.