Is soreness in breasts normal after miscarriage?

I am 38, 5'4, 125 lbs. I had a successful pregnancy three years ago. I was 5w3d pregnant on July 4 when I began miscarrying. I stopped bleeding in a few days, kept getting faintly positive pregnancy tests. This past Sunday I bled again for a few days. I have ALMOST negative pregnancy tests now, but my breasts are very sore. They were NOT sore before this second round of bleeding. I am worried I may still have remaining tissue, but I have no fever or other symptoms. Are sore breasts normal ONLY after miscarriage? (I consider Sunday the day I "completed" the miscarriage.)
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 31 minutes later

If your pregnancy test has come negative, there is absolutely no bleeding per vagina and no pain in lower abdomen then most likely your abortion is complete with no remaining tissue left in your uterus.

Soreness of breast is a non specific symptom and cannot necessarily indicate an incomplete abortion.

The soreness you are feeling now most likely is because of raised estrogen levels. As you have now entered a normal cycle after a pregnancy which is a high progesterone phase.
Just relax and do not worry. This will pass off in 7-10 days.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.